Sometimes, when you install the Sage 50 application, you encounter an error message stating as Sage 50 unable to register data source error. This basically means that Sage 50 is not able to register the expression library. In simple terms, the error occurs when the application is unable to register the data source due to an issue with the configuration settings or permissions.
To resolve this, you have to cross-check the settings of your data source. Additionally, the user has to ensure that the appropriate permissions are set and, after that, reinstall the application. This is only a starting point; for a better understanding, stick to the article where we provide you with each and every core of the unable to register data source: Sage 50 Error, as well as give you step-by-step guidance to fix the issue.
Define: Sage Unable to Register Data Source
Sage 50, widely used accounting software, is one of the best applications that clean up accounting clutter and provides services that keep businesses on the path to success. Instead of its amazing features, the software has faults. One such issue faced by the users is the Sage unable to register data source error, especially during the time of installing Sage 50 on their computer. There are a number of reasons that led to this issue; let’s understand the causes in the next section.
What Causes Sage 50 Unable To Register Data Source Error
Understanding the root cause is very important because this will guide the user to the best path to choose for resolving the Sage 50 unable to register data source error. According to our study below, we have compiled a few common causes that triggered the error. Let’s take an overview!
- When you set the wrong system regional settings in your Sage application.
- One more common reason that triggers the Sage unable to register data source is using an incorrect password.
- If there are damaged or corrupted installation files.
- There is a problem with the Windows 10 Anniversary updates.
- When you try to install an incorrect version of Sage software.
What Indicates Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error
Look at the points below and understand the major symptoms of the error:
- When the user is not able to register the data source.
- If you are failing to register an expression library and you are not able to run any reports.
How do I fix the Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error?
Now that the main part of the blog is here let’s take a look and apply simple solutions to rectify the Sage unable to register data source.
Method 1: Fix the Damaged Installation File
If the root cause of the issue in your system is the damaged installation file, then the below pointer can help you easily remove the error. Basically, if you are using a supported version of Sage 50, then the issue will arise because Windows 8 or Windows 10 does not have.NET 2.0 or.NET 3.5 as a part of the operating system. Follow the steps to start the procedure for eliminating the problem:
- First, you have to navigate to the Control Panel.
- Then, click on the Programs option.
- In the program section, choose the Programs and Features tab.
- Now, take your cursor to turn the Windows features on or off.
- Click on the .NET 3.5 and hit the OK tab.
- Then, download the required files when prompted.
- Lastly, restart the Sage Accounting software and check the status of the Sage 50 unable to register data source error.
Find Out More Blog: Sage 50 Serial.Dat Error
Method 2: Install the correct version of Sage 50 Accounting
When you recently updated your device’s operating system to Windows 8, and you are still using an old version of the Sage application, you definitely encounter the issue. To resolve it, you have to update the Sage 50 application to the version that is compatible with Windows 8. Follow the steps stated below:
- Start the procedure by going to the Help menu.
- To make a note of the Program Directory, click on the Program Details section.
- Now, again, go to Help and check the Update.
- Click on the Full Program Update option and hit the Download Now tab.
- To start the installation process, click on the Install Now option.
- Here, in the window prompting you to take a backup, click on the Yes tab to continue.
- In case you have already taken your backup, click on the NO tab and continue the process.
- Select the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions, and hit the Next tab.
- In case the directory path matches the one noted in step 1, click on the Upgrade.
- If not, click on the New Folder option and enter the correct folder.
- Followed by this, hit the Next tab and select the version you want to install.
- Start the installation process by clicking on the Yes tab.
- At last, after completing the process, close the application and restart it again.
Method 3: Check the regional setting in Sage 50
Sometimes, the user enters the wrong regional setting during the time of installation, which leads to the unable to register data source: Sage 50 Error. To resolve it, you have to change the regional settings by following the simple steps listed below:
- First, press the Windows + R keys together.
- Now, in the search box, type intl.cpl and hit the OK tab.
- The window name appears as Regional & Language.
- Next, click on the drop-down named format and select English(UK)/English(Ireland).
- Click on the option that states Current Location.
- Lastly, choose the UK or Ireland and hit the OK tab.
After completing the above-stated method:
- Restart your system and check the status of the error.
- In case you guys are still having the issue, don’t be upset.
- Follow the next method.
Method 4: Set the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problems
When the user installs the Windows 10 Anniversary update, you will encounter a glitch in your Sage 50 application. To resolve this problem, you have to download the Microsoft.NET update by following the points mentioned below:
- First, register to your Sage account, and then navigate the link: https://downloads.sage.co.uk/download/?did=ca1783eb-61e2-4bae-a3717-01cb9637de06
- The file is automatically downloaded, or it may ask you to open or save the file.
- Now, click on the Save tab when it prompts you to save the file on your desktop.
- Double-click on the Downloaded files and press the message that appears: “Press any key to exit.”
- Lastly, restart the computer and launch the application to check the performance of the Unable To Register Data Source: Sage 50 Error.
Finally, we hope that our expert-recommended solutions assist you in resolving the Sage 50 unable to register data source error. Remember to check out our other blogs to help you improve your knowledge and stay up-to-date on the latest Sage 50 accounting updating features. This will keep your software functioning smoothly and propel your company to new heights of success.