Despite such amazing features of the Sage 50 application, there are a few circumstances the user faces due to some unforeseeable pitfalls. One such repeated glitch is Sage 50 Bob error 5185, which occurs when the user uses an invalid license or due to restricted local server connections because of the down terminal server or down web server. If you are also facing the same issue, then no need to panic!
Simply read and follow the instructions in this article to understand the causes and factors that resulted in Sage Bob Error 5185. Along with that, we will go over the steps to troubleshoot the error code 5185:
A Brief Summary of Bob Error 5185 Sage 50
The Bob error 5185 sage 50 arises when local server connections are restricted when used on a web server, terminal server, application server, or any other type of server product used to access the data on behalf of the remote computers. In simple words, we can say that it is because your application attempted to create a local server connection from one of these restricted environments.
Suppose the application is using this software product to distribute work without access to the data from the Advantage Database Server. In that case, the application must act as the ‘CLIENT’ that directly accesses and uses the data. Specifically, only those computers which have the Advantage Local Server DLL loaded in their memory can have access to the data that the Advantage Local Server DLL obtains. It is illegal to use the Advantage Local Server with any web server, terminal server or any other type of middleware or server product to access the data on behalf of the remote computers.
What are the Common Reasons for Sage Bob 50 Error 5185?
There are a number of causes which triggered the sage Bob 50 Error 5185. Here, we will discuss some other reasons; let’s take a look:-
- It might be that your internet connection gets lost during the upgrade or installation of the Sage 50 application.
- The user may use an expired license agreement.
- Not able to access the web application while transferring the data.
- Restricted local server connections due to the down terminal server or low connectivity web server.
How to Fix Sage Bob Error 5185 – Two Easy Solutions
To resolve the sage error code 5185, you simply need to follow the four basic steps, which are listed below:
Solution 1:- Check the Internet Connection & Update the Program
- Cross-check the internet connection while installing or updating the Sage 50 software.
- Ensures that your system requirements meet with the upgraded version of this software. At this point, updating the program reduces the chances of any kind of error.
- If your Sage license has expired, then you have to extend the data with all terms and conditions.
- By following the above steps, if you are still facing sage 50 error 5185, then you have to disable some line Ads.ini files, which are under the settings section.
Read Another Blog : Sage 50 Error 1618
Solution 2:- Run the Program Folder Using Abacus Folder
- First, click on the My Computer icon.
- Then, browse to the root Abacus folder to open the Programs Folder.
- Now, in the Programs Folder, search for ads.ini.
- At the top of the document, add the [Settings] and ‘mtier_local_connections=1’ lines.
- Once the line is added, Close and Save the document.
- Lastly, continue with the installation process after the installation process is completed successfully, restart the system and check the status of sage error 5185.
In this guide, we have listed two tried and tested solutions that you can follow step-by-step to eliminate sage Bob 50 Error 5185. We hope that by implementing the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix this issue effortlessly. If you still face the glitch or have other queries, then we advise you to get in touch with our Sage Software Support Team, who will advise you on the best possible solution so that you can enjoy the hassle-free accounting software.