When it comes to the list of the best accounting software, Sage stands out as a top choice for many businesses. Thanks to its user-friendly interface and wide range of advanced features that it offers. Well, there are various versions of the Sage software, but Sage 50 is the most popular and widely used one. However, like any other accounting software, Sage and all of its products are prone to various errors, and one of the most common is Sage 50 error 1618.
This error frustrates the user, as they are not able to use the software efficiently. If you are also facing the Sage error code 1618 and are looking for help troubleshooting the error, then this blog will be very helpful for you. In this blog, we are going to discuss the possible causes due to which you may encounter the error and the possible steps that you can undertake to get the error resolved. So, stay tuned and keep reading the blog till the end.
What is Sage 50 Error 1618?
Sage 50 error 1618 is an installation error that occurs when the user tries to install the Sage 50 software on their workstation. No matter whether you are trying to install the software or upgrade it to the latest release, this error can occur for various reasons. This error appears with a pop-up display message as follows:
“Error 1618: Another Installation Already in Progress?”
Well, there can be multiple reasons behind the error, but it mostly arises due to conflicts with other software installations running simultaneously in the background.
Possible Causes Behind Sage 50 Error 1618
Understanding the possible causes behind the error is crucial to resolving it efficiently. It will provide you with a better knowledge of how you can prevent the error from occurring again in the future.
Let’s take a look at the list of possible causes and factors:
- The Windows system file is either damaged or corrupted.
- Windows registry files are corrupted.
- If the installation files of the Sage 50 software are not downloaded properly, then it can also give rise to the occurrence of error 1618.
- A sudden failure in the Windows operating system
- If your computer has been affected by the malware.
- Third-party antivirus software is blocking the installation process of the Sage software.
- Lack of admin rights.
How to Fix Error 1618 in Sage 50?
In order to fix Sage error 1618, there are several solutions that you can follow. These solutions are briefly described below;
Solution 1. Repair the Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
The first solution that we advise you to follow to deal with the Sage 50 installation error 1618 is to repair the damaged Microsoft .NET framework. This framework is responsible for providing a smooth platform for running different applications on Windows. So, if it gets damaged accidentally, then it can lead to various errors, including Sage 50 error code 1618.
Given below are the steps that you can follow to repair the damaged Microsoft .NET framework:
- Open the Control Panel settings on your PC, and then choose the Program & Features option.
- After that, search there for the .NET Framework, do a right-click on it, and select the Repair option.
- Following the above steps, a setup wizard will start the repairing process of the framework.
Once the repair process is complete, try to install the Sage 50 software again and verify whether the Sage 50 installation error has been resolved or not. If the error code 1618 in Sage still persists, then it means there is a need to close MSIEXEC.exe pending processes.
Read Another Blog : Sage 50 Backup Error
Solution 2. End MSIEXEC.exe Pending Process
The pending process in the background may hamper the installation process of the Sage 50 software. MISEXEC.exe is responsible for installing, modifying, and removing any software from the PC. So, if it is running in the background, then it will cause conflicts with the installation process of the Sage 50.
Here are the steps that you can undertake to end the MISEXEC.exe pending processes on your workstation:
- The first step is to press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys together on your keyboard.
- Thereon, you have to click on the Task Manager option.
- As the Windows task manager appears on your PC, click on the Processes tab option.
- From the list of pending processes, you have to search for msiexec.exe and click on it.
- Following the above steps, click on the End Process option.
- After that, close the task manager on your PC, and then try to install the Sage 50 software again.
Solution 3. Update PC’s Windows to the Latest Release
The next solution that we advise you to follow to eliminate the Sage 50 Installation Error 1618 is to update the PC’s Windows to the latest release version. If you have not updated the PC’s windows for a long time, it can cause compatibility issues with the Sage 50 software installation process.
Here are the actions that you can undertake to update the PC’s Windows to the latest available version:
- First, take the cursor to the Windows search bar and then type Windows Update in it.
- From the list of available searches, double-click on the Windows update option. This will redirect you to the Windows update settings on your workstation.
- Moving ahead, click on the Check for Updates option.
- With that effect, the downloading process of the new updates will start automatically.
- As the updating process ends, restart your PC. This will install the new updates.
Once you are done with the above steps, try to install the software again to check whether the Sage error code 1618 has been eliminated or not.
Solution 4. Update Windows Installer
An outdated Windows installer can sometimes lead to the occurrence of error 1618 Sage 50. The Windows installer is responsible for installing and updating any software on your PC. So, if you have not updated the Windows installer on your PC for a long time, we advise you to instantly update it to resolve the Sage 50 installation error code 1618.
- First of all, login to your PC with admin rights.
- Thereon, double-click on the My Computer folder and navigate to the C:/Drive folder.
- After that, open the Windows folder and then search there for the System32 folder.
- Open that folder and then search there for the exe file.
- Thereon, do a right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
- Subsequently, click on the Version option and verify the version of the Windows installer available on your PC.
- If new updates are available, then download them and restart your system.
By performing the above-listed steps, you have successfully updated the Windows installer on your computer.
As demonstrated above, we have highlighted three different tried and tested methods that you can execute step-by-step to troubleshoot the Sage 50 error 1618. If the above-listed methods do not work for you, or if you face any challenges while performing the steps, then we advise you to get in touch with the Sage contact support team. Experts will provide you with further guidance and assistance to resolve the error hassle-free.