The Sage 50 Backup Error is one of the most common errors that occur when a user attempts to create a backup folder. It also appears when you try to restore a backup and the restore fails due to data damage or corruption. In this blog, we decode the Sage 50 error and empower you with the knowledge you need to eliminate it like a technical pro. Whether you have a seasoned account, a small business, or a mid-size business, our expert-recommended simple tips and tricks will help you recover these backup challenges on time.
So, without further ado, begin the procedure by first understanding the meaning of the phrase sage 50 error loading company file after backup code.
What is the Meaning of Sage 50 Backup Error?
Sage 50 restoring from backup error is becoming a complex challenge for users who want to protect their critical company data. This error occurs when the user attempts to backup company files. Corrupted data files, a conflict with a third-party application, and insufficient system resources are the root causes of this issue. It is essential for the user to understand the triggering reason behind this occurrence to navigate troubleshooting methods effectively. Please read the following section carefully to understand why this error occurred.
Reasons Behind Sage 50 Restore from Backup Error
As previously stated, it is important to understand the cause of the Sage 50 restore from backup error in your system. Once you’ve identified the correct cause, you’ll be able to pick the best solution to eliminate the error. Let’s take a view at some of the reasons:
- The internet connectivity is not stable.
- At the time of logging the application, you forget to log in as an Administrator.
- When the size of the SAJ folder is too large.
- The damaged WMI.
- Mistakenly, you delete Office 365.
- There is a special character used in a company name.
- The data folder is not cleaned.
- When your company file or a folder is corrupted or missing.
- The setting of cloud backup is not validated.
How to Fix Sage 50 Backup Error Restore Failure Issue?
In this guide, we compiled the best effective professional recommended solutions. Read the steps carefully, follow them one by one and successfully resolve the Sage 50 backup error restore failure issue.
Note:- Before implementing the steps, make sure you access the company file in a single-user mode.
Solution 1:- Create a Backup into the USB Flash Drive
The very first method to eliminate the restoring sage backup error is to make a backup of the company file directly into the USB flash drive. Follow the steps below:-
- Firstly, launch the Sage 50 application and start the backup process.
- When the Backup Window is open, change the backup location from the USB Flash Drive to the folder in the C: drive.
- Now, click on the OK button and hit the Backup.
- At last, check if your problem is resolved or not.
Read Another Blog : Sage 50 Error 1628
Solution 2:- Decrease the SAJ File Size
Sometimes, the Sage 50 Backup Error Restore Failure Issue arises when your SAJ file size exceeds the character limit. By following the listed below steps, you can easily reduce the size of the file:-
- First, close the Sage 50 application.
- Now, open Run Command by pressing Windows + R and get to Windows Explorer.
- Click on the location of the File for the backup.
- Choose the company File.SA/extension and double-click on it.
- There are two situations when you get a backup file: either it is with .Cab extensions or a backup folder in the .SAJ folder.
- Furthermore, move the backup folder to some other location outside the.SA/folder.
- Check the backup storage in the Simply and MYSQL folder.
- Make sure you change the location of all the backup files inside the.SA/. ( because if you leave a single backup file, the issue will still arise).
- If it is possible, then delete the previous backup files and create new backups.
- Lastly, create a backup for the company files again.
Solution 3:- Check the Compatibility with Windows
If the above two methods fail to solve your problem, then don’t worry! Checking the compatibility with the windows will surely eliminate the error.
- First, you have to right-click on the Sage 50 Accounting icon.
- Then click on the Properties option.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, in the Compatibility mode section, tick-mark the Run this program in compatibility mode option.
- Finally, click on the OK tab, and you are good to go!
Solution 4:- Check the Rights to Make the Backup Folder
Here are the points to be followed to check the proper rights to make the backup folder:-
- Navigate to the Sage 50 accounting icon and right-click on it.
- Then, choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, when going for the backup, select the Restore from the Backup option.
- Complete the process by following the onscreen instructions.
- When the process is completed successfully, it shows you that there is a limited Sage 50 on your Windows, which is why you are continuously facing crashing.
- At that point, you have to uninstall and then reinstall the Sage 50 with the administrator rights.
- And make sure that each and every antivirus active on your system is disabled when you reinstall the Sage 50 application.
Solution 5:- Delete the Office 365 and Reinstall it Again
The following troubleshooting method is to uninstall and then reinstall Office 365. This method necessitates extra care because a single mistake can destroy your vital data. So stay focused and do the following:
Step 1:- Remove the Office 365 which you are using
- First, open Office 365 to your account with the correct credentials.
- Then, hit the Admin app.
- In the side column of the Admin Center, click on the Groups option so that backup is not successful.
- Now, in the pop-up message, click on the Delete Group button.
- Select the Yes tab to confirm.
- After that, go to the ProgramData option and select the Sage.
- Click on the Sage Data Exchange option.
- After you successfully locate the path, delete the SageDataExchange.sqlite File.
Step 2:- Reinstall the Program Again
- Firstly, navigate to the Control Panel and Uninstall the Program.
- Now, download the latest release and install it on your device.
- If required, convert your data.
- Check if there is any group remaining in Office 365, and then delete it.
- Lastly, open it and try to attempt the cloud backup now.
Solution 6:- Change the Location
The other way to eliminate this error is to change the location of the backup file points to an unreachable drive or the directory. Follow the three simple steps listed below:-
- Navigate to the Sage 50 backup window.
- Now, move the Backup folder to the New location on the network drive from the previous location.
- And then click on the OK button.
Solution 7:- Use Winzip if the Restore Failed
- When you remove the Winzip, the backup converts into a cab file.
- If the restore fails with the same message, then there will be a chances that your backup data may be corrupted or incorrect.
- At this point, please try another backup.
- After completing the procedure, reinstall the Winzip according to your requirements.
Solution 8:- Check the Connection Manager
- Navigate to the Connection Manager on the system tray.
- Now, select the Restart Service.
- Then, hit the OK tab.
- Check to see if the file can be backed up.
Ending the Walkthrough!
At the end of this guide, we hope that you successfully decode the Sage 50 Backup Error, the key mastering points that cause this issue, and empower you with systematic solutions to eliminate the error seamlessly. To keep your data protected against loss or corruption, try to eliminate errors immediately.