Struggling with the Sage 50 error 1628? Don’t worry; you are not the only one suffering from this. Many users have encountered this error while trying to install the software. Although dealing with this error is not a complicated task, if not dealt with on time, it can cause inconvenience and hindrance while installing the software. It may even frustrate the users who are eagerly planning to manage their accounting activities through Sage software.
If you are also facing the Sage 50 installation error 1628 and are looking for a handful of guides to eliminate the error, then this blog will be very important for you. In this blog, we are going to discuss the possible causes of the error and provide step-by-step guidance to resolve it. So, don’t let the error discourage you while performing the accounting activities, as it can be fixed easily through the right mentorship.
What is Sage 50 Error 1628?
Sage 50 error 1628 is a common installation error that arises when the installation process of the Sage 50 software is interrupted or fails to complete successfully. There can be multiple reasons behind the error, but insufficient storage space or damaged files are the main reasons. This error appears with a pop-up display message as:
“Error 1628: Failed to complete the installation when attempting to install the program. Unable to install the Sage 50.”
As a result of the Sage error code 1628, the PC may experience issues with the functionality of the Sage 50 software.
Possible Causes Behind Sage 50 Error Code 1628
As a user, you must keep in mind that it is important to carefully identify the specific circumstances leading to the error, as it will help in determining the most relevant solution to rectify the error. Some of the primary and most common reasons behind the occurrence of the Sage 50 installation error code 1628 are listed below:
- Incomplete installation files of the Sage 50 software.
- If the Sage company files have been affected by malware or virus.
- Damaged or corrupted Sage 50 installation files.
- Corrupted Windows registry.
- Insufficient admin permissions.
- A damaged Microsoft .NET framework can also lead to the occurrence of error 1628 Sage 50.
How to Fix Error 1628 in Sage 50?
Fixing the Sage 50 installation error 1628 is not a complicated or challenging task. It just needs the users to follow the correct steps accurately. As accounting experts, we are here to help you resolve Sage 50 error 1628. Below, we have elaborated on some of the most useful and result-bringing solutions that you can follow step-by-step to get the error resolved:
Solution 1. Repair the Damaged Windows Registry Files
The first solution that we recommend you follow to deal with the Sage 50 error 1628 is to repair the damaged Windows registry files. These files are responsible for storing important system settings and configurations. So, whenever these files get damaged or corrupted, it can lead to various issues or glitches on the workstation, including Sage error 1628.
To repair the damaged or corrupted Windows registry files, here are the steps that you can undertake:
- First of all, open the Windows taskbar on your PC by pressing the Windows + S keys together.
- Moving ahead, type Command Prompt in the search bar and select the Run as Administrator option.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) prompt settings appear on the screen, then click on the Yes option.
- Now, as the command prompt interface opens, provide the following command: sfc/scannow, and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes until the scanning process ends.
By performing the above-listed steps, you have successfully repaired the damaged Windows registry files on your workstation. Now, try to install the Sage 50 software again to check whether the error has been terminated or not.
Find Another Blog : Sage 50 Error 1701
Solution 2. Make a New User Account
By creating a new user account on your PC, you can resolve all the unwanted issues that are connected with the current user account, leading to error 1628 in Sage. Here are the steps that you can follow to create a new user account on your workstation:
- First of all, open the Windows Run command on your PC by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Thereon, type Control Panel in the search bar, and then click on the Family, Safety, and User Accounts option.
- After that, scroll down to the User Accounts section, followed by selecting the Add or Delete User Accounts option.
- Now, click on the Create New Account option, and then enter the account name.
- Moving ahead, as per your needs, you have to select one option amongst the Standard or Administrator account types.
- Subsequently, click on the Create Account option from the menu and choose your newly established account.
- Following the above steps, you have to click on the Create a Password option and then make sure to log out of your current account.
- Once you are done with the above steps, login to your new account and install the Sage 50 software again.
Solution 3. Close Pending Processes in Task Manager
If there are multiple pending or active processes related to idriver.exe or msiexec.exe in the task manager, then it can create conflicts and may prevent the installation process of the Sage 50 software.
Below are the actions that you can undertake to close the pending process in the task manager:
- The first step is to launch the Task Manager on your workstation.
- Thereon, click on the Processes tab option.
- Now, you have to search there for pending processes of idriver.exe and msiexec.exe.
- Select both processes, and then click on the End Process option.
- Moving ahead, close the task manager and perform a restart of your PC.
Solution 4. Restore System to Early Stage
Restoring the system to an early stage is a great option to resolve various glitches or errors that might be arising on your PC because of the latest updates. To restore your system to an earlier stage, here are the steps that you can follow:
- The first step is to login to your PC with admin rights.
- Thereon, move to the Windows start menu and move to the All Programs settings.
- Now, select the Accessories option, followed by a click on the System Tools option.
- After that, you have to click on the System Restore option and select the Restore My Computer to an Earlier Time option.
- Click on the Next option, and then choose the time at which you want to restore the computer.
- Subsequently, complete the process by clicking on the Next option.
At last, perform a restart of your workstation. At this stage, after performing all the above-listed solutions, Sage error 1628 should be resolved.
With proper guidance and help, resolving any unwanted errors is not a difficult task. Above, we have shown you the complete procedure for how you can deal with the Sage 50 error 1628. By following the steps, you will be able to resolve the error and may get your system back to the streamline process. If you get stuck with any of the steps, then we advise you to get in touch with the Sage Contact team. Experts will help you troubleshoot the error in less time without compromising your accounting and financial activities.