The Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 emerges when your printer malfunctions. When you try to share the PDF over email or take a print of any report using the Sage application, you may be stuck with this error. There are numerous reasons behind this error message, which will later be discussed in this blog.
This complete guide will draw attention to the causes and troubleshooting solutions for “Peachtree printer not activated error code 20”.
Reasons of Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
When you face the problem of printing documents with your Sage 50 printer, there can be various reasons for this error. Listed below are the most common reasons behind this error, let’s have a look:
- This emerged when the Microsoft update installation failed.
- When the email program is not compatible.
- The printer you are using is not compatible with your Windows 10 version.
- Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 can also arise when the User Control (UAC) settings are turned on.
- When the Email Writer is damaged, the wrong Amyuni Document Converter is used.
- Your customized forms are damaged.
Now that you understand the reasons behind the emergence of Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20, you are good to go to choose the option that works best for you. Solving this problem is very important for the users to create PDFs in Sage. So, listed below, we have detailed steps to solve the problem.
How to Fix Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
By implementing the troubleshooting steps below, you can eliminate Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20. The first thing you have to do is make sure to run the software as an admin, update the Sage to its latest version and repair the Windows Registry. Listed below, we have discussed the detailed steps of each method.
Method 1:- Launch Sage 50 in Admin Mode
When you use Sage 50 software without an administrator, you cannot perform any action for removing Peachtree printer not activated error code 20. Follow the steps below to run the Sage 50 as an administrator:
- First, close all the windows operating on your system’s background.
- Now, go to the Sage 50 icon available on the desktop.
- Then, right-click on the icon and hit the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, go to the Properties menu of the DacEasy and click on the Compatibility tab.
- After that, launch it either in a 32-bit mode or XP mode.
- Navigate to the Printer Properties Screen.
- Lastly, move the Sage DacEasy PDF Driver to its local port.
Running the software with the administrator primarily can resolve the Peachtree printer not activated error code 20. However, if you are still facing the issue, then follow the next step.
Find Another Blog : Sage 50 error clr20r3
Method 2:- Fix the Incorrect Amyuni Document Converter
The incorrect Amyuni Document Converter has also become the reason for this error. When you select the Amyuni Document Converter 550 driver tool, it helps you to print the invoice. Follow the listed below:
- Navigate to the Driver and Printer section.
- Now, right-click on the Sage 50 EMail Writer.
- Hit the Printer Properties and go to the Advanced tab.
- At last, choose the Amyuni Document Converter 550 Drive Tool.
If the above steps are not helpful in resolving the Peachtree printer not activated error code 20, then do follow the alternative method of this step:
- First, close the Sage 50 Software and click on the Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Sage 50 E-mail Writer option.
- Choose the Printer Properties tab and click on the Advanced option.
- At last, hit the Amyuni Document Converter 550 drive tool and click on the OK option.
After completing the above steps, open the Sage 50 software and try to take out the printout. If you are still facing the glitch, then follow the next method.
Method 3:- Rectify Customized Forms Settings
Even after performing the above steps, if you are still facing the problem, then there might be a chance that your system has damaged customized forms. Follow the steps mentioned below and fix the setting of the customized forms:
- First, use the Standard Report or Standard form to email to print the balance sheet.
- Now, as a default printer option, set the Sage Email Writer.
- Shut down the Sage software and click on the Windows Start menu.
- Click on the Devices & Printers option.
- Make sure that the Sage Email Writer software is not the default printer.
Hope these steps will be able to solve the Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20. Also, remember while proceeding with the printing, do not choose Sage Email Writer or Printer.
Method 4:- Run the Repair on Sage while Deleting the Email Writer
If you are facing an issue with Email Writer, removing it from the Device and Printer section in the Control Panel would be helpful. Therefore, try to repair the Sage software to avoid any kind of conflict.
- First, close the Sage software on your device.
- Then open the Run Dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
- Now, type Control Panel and hit the OK button.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Moving ahead, right-click on the Sage 50 E-mail Writer v3.
- Click on the Remove Device option. Here, you can also remove the other Sage Email Writer or Peachtree Email Writer.
- Hit the Print Server Properties and move to the Drivers tab.
- Choose the Amyuni Document Converter 550 and hit the Remove button.
- Select the Remove Drive and the Whole Driver Package and press the OK button.
- Now, go back to the Print Server Properties page and move to the Drivers tab.
- If the Amyuni Document Converter 500 or 300 is available, click on that.
- Select the Remove Driver and Driver Package and hit the OK option.
- Run the repair for sage software and press the Windows + R.
- Type the Control Panel option and press the OK button.
- Select Devices and Printers from the Control Panel.
- Now, right-click on the Sage 50 Email Writer v3 and select the Printer Properties.
- Hit the Ports tab and click on the Add Port option.
- Then, click on the Local Port and choose the New Port tab.
- Enter the PDF1 as your port name, and once it is done, click on the OK button.
- Thereon switched to the Advanced tab and hit the Enable Advanced Printing Features.
- Click the Apply button and select the Print directly to the printer option.
- At last, select the Apply option, and you are good to go printing your invoice.
After applying the step, it is recommended to close the windows and restart the computer. This will enable you to repair the Peachtree printer not activated error code 20.
The Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 occurs when the Sage 50 application has incorrect settings. If you log in as an admin, change the UAC setting, repair the Email writing and printer driver and fix the damage to customized forms, you can easily resolve this printing error. Hope implementing the above effective steps helps you to decode this error. However, if you still encounter this error while printing, contact the Sage accounting support team today.