Sage is one of the leading accounting software programs used by businesses to manage their financial and accounting activities. It is famous for its user-friendly interface and robust features, which simplify the tracking process of income, expenses and overall financial health. Sage software comes with various modules and tools that streamline business operations, such as inventory management, invoicing, payroll processing, etc. However, despite such useful features and advanced tools, there are some circumstances when the user gets stuck with errors, such as Sage 50 error 26.
If you are also facing the Sage 50 error code 26 and are unable to resolve it on your own, then we recommend you read this blog till the end. In this guide, we are going to discuss the possible causes behind the error and will share the step-by-step instructions that you can follow to resolve the error. Furthermore, we will also highlight the important tips that will help you prevent the error from occurring in the future.
What is Sage 50 Error 26?
Sage 50 error 26 is a common error generally caused by issues with the company data files or network connection, which prevents users from accessing the company file. If not dealt with on time, this error can disrupt the user’s workflow and may even hamper overall productivity. It’s important to address this error as soon as possible to minimize its negative impact.
Resolving error code 26 in Sage 50 requires identifying the troubleshooting causes to determine the root cause behind the error.
Possible Causes Behind Error 26 in Sage 50
Understanding the possible causes behind the error is important to troubleshoot it effectively and efficiently. It will also help you prevent the error from happening again. Below, we have filtered out some of the most common causes and factors that lead to Sage 50 error code 26.
- If the Sage 50 software fails to ping with the server, it can lead to various network connectivity issues, including Sage error 26.
- When the network location is not set as private.
- Rapidly growing databases.
- Insufficient admin rights can also create hindrances while accessing company files.
- Outdated version of the Windows PC or the Sage 50 software.
- The PC’s antivirus settings are blocking the connection request of the Sage software to access the company file.
Solutions to Resolve Sage 50 Error 26
In order to fix error 26 Sage 50, there are various solutions that can be executed. Below, we have defined some of the most tried and tested solutions that will surely help you resolve the Sage 50 error code 26:
Solution 1. Login to Windows With Admin Rights
The first solution that we advise you to follow to deal with Sage error 26 is to log in to your Windows PC with admin rights. These admin rights will provide you with the necessary permissions to access and modify the Sage software settings and may also help in troubleshooting issues related to connection requests.
Here are the steps that you can follow to log in to your Windows PC with admin rights:
- On your desktop screen, click on the Other User option available at the bottom left corner of the sign-in screen.
- After that, enter “\Administrator” in the username field and provide the local admin password.
- At last, hit the Enter button.
Once you have successfully logged in to your Windows with admin rights, try to perform the same task for which you earlier faced Sage error code 26. Verify whether the error has been eliminated or not. If you are still encountering the error, then don’t panic and try the next solution.
Find Another Blog : Sage 50 Bob Error 5185
Solution 2. Update PC’s Windows to the Latest Release
If you have not downloaded the new Windows update for a long time, then it can lead to various compatibility issues with the Sage software and may even lead to error 26 Sage 50. Therefore, it’s recommended to keep updating the PC’s Windows to the latest release. This can be done by performing the steps listed below:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel settings on your PC and then type Windows Update in the search bar, followed by pressing the Enter key.
- As the Windows update settings appear on the screen, click on the Check for Updates option.
- If there are any new updates available for the current version of the operating system, then the downloading process will commence automatically.
- As the updating process ends, restart your computer. This will install the most latest updates on your computer.
Solution 3. Verify Network Settings
Verifying the network settings can help troubleshoot connectivity issues that may stop your PC from processing various network-related tasks. To get this done, below are the actions that you can undertake:
- Navigate to the Settings on your computer.
- Thereon, choose the Network & Internet option and click the Status option.
- Now, scroll down to the Change your Network Settings option, and then choose the View Hardware and Connection Properties option.
- At last, confirm and verify the hardware information and network connections.
By performing the above-listed steps, you have successfully verified the network settings on your computer. At this stage, once you have performed all the above-listed steps, the Sage 50 error code will be resolved.
Resolving the Sage 50 error 26 is quite a straightforward process. You just have to execute the correct steps, which are elaborated on above. In case you get stuck with the procedure at any point in time, or if the above methods do not help you troubleshoot the error, then we advise you to get in touch with the Sage support services. Experts will get in touch with you and may recommend the best possible solution to fix the error quickly.