Sage 50 is a cloud based accounting software which provides businesses a complete financial control. Being an accounting software, Sage users also face various unwanted errors while performing business activities. Today, we are going to highlight one of the common errors, i.e., Sage 50 error 1721.
We are going to cover the complete information about the blog, i.e., from the possible causes behind the error to the easiest troubleshooting steps to eliminate the error. So, if you are facing this error, then read this guide till the end.
A Brief About Sage 50 Error 1721
Sage 50 error 1721 is connected with the Windows installer. This error generally arises when the user tries to install the software on their workstation but, for some reason, the computer fails to complete the installation procedure. It indicates that you won’t be able to complete the installation process and will disallow them to work on the software.
Users will be able to notice this error with a pop-up display message such as:
“Error 1721: Issue with the Windows Installer package. An application is required to complete the installation procedure.”
Which Factors Lead to Sage 50 Error Code 1721?
If you are unable to overcome the Sage 50 error code 1721, then we strongly advise you to understand the possible causes on priority. This will help you prevent the error from occurring again in the future.
So, here is a list of the possible factors that led to the occurrence of error 1721:
- A damaged or corrupted Windows installer is the main reason for the error.
- Outdated Windows version.
- Incorrect Windows registry.
- Unregistered Windows installer.
Solutions to Fix Sage 50 Error Code 1721
If proper steps are taken under the right guidance, then Sage error 1721 can be easily eliminated. Here are the steps that you can execute to fix the error:
Solution 1. Reinstall the Windows Install Engine
The corrupted Windows installer is the primary reason why a user may face Sage 50 error 1721. Therefore, we first advise you to reinstall the Windows install engine on your workstation.
Here are the steps that you can follow to get it done:
- Firstly, restart your computer and login with administrative rights.
- Navigate to File Explorer and go to This PC.
- Thereon, move to C:\WINDOWS\system32, and then search there for the exefile.
- Do a right-click on the file and select the properties option.
- As the properties window appears on the screen, click on the Version tab option, and this will redirect you to the Windows Installer version.
- If your computer is working on the Windows XP service pack or a new version, then
- Open the Windows Run Command and type CMD in the search bar.
- Once you have successfully re-registered the Windows Installer, try to reinstall the Sage 50 software.
- Thereon, the command prompt window will appear on the screen. Here, enter msiexec /unregister or msiexec /regserver.
- This step will re-register the Windows Installer on their workstation.
In case you are still unable to install the Sage 50 software, don’t panic and try the next solution.
Solution 2. Run the Windows System File Checker
Here are the steps that you can follow to run the Windows system file checker on your computer:
- Firstly, hit the Windows + X keys together on the keyboard.
- Thereon, select the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option.
- As the User Account Control (UAC) prompt appears on the screen, click Yes.
- Type SFC/ Scannow in the command prompt window, and then hit the Enter button.
- After that, the System File Checker Utility will check the integration of the Windows system files and repair the damages.
- Once the repair process ends, perform a restart of your PC.
Find Another Blog : Sage Error 1603 – An Installation Issue
Solution 3. Backup and Delete Windows Registry Keys
If the Windows registry keys have been damaged or corrupted on your device, then it can also lead to error 1721 Sage 50. In that case, creating a backup of the registry keys and removing them from the device can be a feasible solution to deal with the error.
Creating the Backup of Windows Registry Keys
Below are the actions that you can undertake to create a backup of the Windows registry keys on your PC:
- Open the Windows Run Command and type Regedit in the search bar.
- Click on the OK option.
- After that, search there for My Computer/ Computer and then select the File option.
- Move to the Export Section, and then select All under Export Range.
- Provide a specific location where you want to save the registry backup.
Delete registry keys in Sage
- First of all, click on the Edit > Find option.
- After that, type (0C1DCB88-77DE-45C2-93CC-9B51C3694AF2) in the search bar and click on the Find Next option.
- Now, you have to delete all the keys named within that range in the registry file.
- If the key is stored in another folder with the name 88BCD1C0ED772C5439CCB9153C96A42F, then you have to delete the entire folder.
- Hit the F3 key on your keyboard and then search for the next key, which includes the value.
Solution 4. Install Sage Through External Device
Well, there are chances that the source through which you are trying to download or install the Sage 50 software is either corrupted or invalid. In that case, we suggest you use a trustworthy and official external device to install the Sage software.
If the error arises due to corrupted Sage installation files, then this procedure will terminate the chances for that consequence.
Sage 50 error 1721 can be a big barrier to your accounting activities. If not handled on time, this error can disrupt the users’ ability to use the accounting software smoothly. However, above, we have listed the four tried and tested solutions that will help you resolve the error hassle-free. However, if you have any doubts related to the error or if you are facing any errors while working on the software, then we suggest you get in touch with the Sage 50 support phone number. Experts will help you fix the error in less time.