Sage 50 is one of the most popular and leading accounting software across the globe. It is specifically designed to help small and medium-sized business entrepreneurs with their financial and accounting activities. But, sometimes, users may get stuck with the Sage 50 error 1053 and face difficulties in resolving the error.
If you are also facing the Sage error 1053 and are unsure of how to fix it, then we recommend you read this blog post till the end. In this guide, we are going to highlight the detailed solutions that you can follow to resolve the error.
What is Sage 50 Error 1053?
Sage 50 error 1053 is a connection manager error that occurs due to a connection timeout or irresponsive features. A variety of factors majorly cause it, and one of the most common is incorrect syntax in data files and reports. This error indicates that there is a connection issue between Sage 50 software and the database, which makes the program irresponsive.
If this error is not dealt with on time, then it can lead to data corruption or loss. Therefore, it’s advisable to immediately take the required actions to eliminate the error before the problem arises.
Why Am I Facing Sage 50 Error Code 1053?
Before directly following the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error, it’s important to understand the possible causes of why you may be encountering the error 1053 Sage. It will help you prevent the error from occurring again in the future. Therefore, we strongly advise you to read the following information carefully:
- Outdated version of PC Windows.
- Missing frameworks or DLL files can also lead to the occurrence of Sage 50 error code 1053.
- Insufficient permissions.
- Corrupt installation files of Sage 50 software.
- Incorrect connection manager settings.
- If your PC has been affected by malware or a virus, then it can also impact the error 1053 in Sage 50.
Solutions to Resolve Sage 50 Error 1053
Let’s explore some of the tried and tested solutions that you can follow to eliminate Sage 50 error code 1053:
Solution 1. Install New Windows Update
This is the easiest and most common solution to rectify various unwanted errors with the Sage software, including the 1053 error. By updating the PC’s Windows to the latest version, you can make sure that any bugs or compatibility issues that might be causing the error are eliminated.
Given below are the steps that you can follow to download and install the new Windows update on your workstation:
- First of all, navigate to the Windows Start Menu and then type Windows Update in the search bar.
- Thereon, from the list of search results, select the Windows update option, and then the update settings will appear on your PC screen.
- Subsequently, select the Check for Updates option.
- If new updates are available for your PC’s Windows, then the downloading process will commence automatically.
- As that process ends, perform a deep restart of your PC. This will automatically install all the new updates.
By performing the above-listed steps, you can make sure that your computer is up-to-date with the latest Windows version. Also, we advise you to keep regularly updating Windows, as it will help in improving and maintaining the performance and security of the PC.
Find Another Blog: Sage 50 Error 1935
Solution 2. Adjust the Connection Manager Settings
The next solution that we advise you to follow to deal with the Sage 50 error code 1053 is to adjust and correct the connection manager settings on your PC. If these settings are incorrect, then it can cause conflicts and errors while connecting with the Sage 50 server and may lead to the database server error code.
Therefore, given below are the actions that you can undertake to manually adjust the connection manager settings on your PC:
- The first step in the procedure to open the Control Panel settings on your PC.
- Thereon, click on the Administrative Tools option, followed by selecting the Services option.
- After that, click on the Connection Manager option and select the Properties option.
- Now, log on to the tab and click on the Apply option.
- Subsequently, navigate to the Log On tab and provide the username and login password.
- Moving ahead, click on the OK option, save the updated changes, and restart your PC.
- This will save all the new changes made to your device.
Solution 3. Close Sage 50 Pending Processes
If you are experiencing issues with slow performance or freezing issues with the Sage 50 software, then it may arise due to pending processes in the background. It might also lead to various unwanted errors, including error code 1053.
Given below are the instructions that you can undertake to close all the pending Sage 50 processes on your computer:
- At first, do a right-click on the Windows Taskbar and then select the Task Manager or Start Task Manager option.
- Now, click on the Processes tab option, and then search for the Sage 50 pending processes.
- Right-click on the process and choose the End Task or End Process option.
- If a prompt window appears on the screen, click on the end process option again.
- At last, navigate back to the services.msc and click the Refresh option.
- Perform the above steps for all the pending processes with the Sage software.
By performing the above-listed steps, you have successfully ended all the pending processes in Sage 50 software.
In this guide, we have listed three different tried and tested methods that you can follow step-by-step to eliminate Sage 50 error 1053. We hope that by performing the above-listed steps, you will be able to resolve the error hassle-free. If you face any issues while performing the above-listed steps or if the error still persists, then we advise you to get in touch with the Sage software support team. Experts from the support team will help you fix the errors hassle-free and enjoy the seamless experience of the software.