Sage 50 is one of the popular accounting and bookkeeping software used by businesses of all sizes to manage their financial transactions and records. Not only that, Sage 50 turns out to be a reliable and efficient tool for generating financial reports, tracking inventory, and processing payroll. However, just like any other accounting software, Sage 50 is also prone to various technical errors and glitches. Today, we are going to discuss one of the common errors, i.e., Sage 50 error 0057 Rel 2013.2.
In this comprehensive blog, we are going to explore the possible causes behind the error. Additionally, we will also discuss the tips and solutions that will help you overcome the error easily.
What is Sage 50 Error 0057 Rel 2013.2?
Sage 50 error 0057 Rel 2013.2 is a typical technical error in the software that mainly arises due to issues with the software installation or corrupted system files. If not dealt with on time, this error prevents the users from accessing some of the important features of the software and even hampers its functionality.
This error could be associated with the corruption of the company file and can also lead to data loss if it is not resolved promptly. It mostly occurs when there is a conflict between the software and other installed applications on the system.
Why Does Sage 50 Error 0057 Rel 2013.2 Occurs?
Well, there can be multiple reasons behind any technical error, but for a user, it’s important to understand the common and main factors. This will not only help in troubleshooting the error more effectively, but it will also prevent the future occurrence of the error.
As listing all the reasons can’t be feasible, we have tried our best to list some of the most common reasons why a user may get stuck with the error 0057 Rel 2013.2 in Sage 50.
- Poor internet connection.
- Conflict with the antivirus software or other installed programs in the software can also lead to the Sage 50 error 0057 Rel 2013.2.
- Insufficient storage space.
- If you are using an outdated version of the Sage 50 software.
- Incompatibility between the third-party add-ons or plugins.
- Corrupted or damaged company files.
- Issues with the user’s permissions or incompatible hardware drivers can be major reasons behind error 0057 Rel 2013 in Sage 50.
How to Fix Sage 50 Error 0057 Rel 2013.2?
Let’s move ahead and discuss the best tried-and-tested solutions you can follow to resolve Sage error 0057 Rel 2013.2.
Solution 1. Run System File Checker
The first solution that we suggest you follow in dealing with the Sage 50 error 0057 Rel 2013.2 is to run the system file checker on your computer. This will ensure that all the system files are intact and corrupted. Furthermore, it will also help identify and repair the damaged or missing company files that may be leading to the error.
Below are the steps that you can follow to run the system file checker on your computer:
- First of all, open the command prompt on your window by pressing the Windows + X keys together.
- Thereon, verify whether the Windows PowerShell (Admin) is listed there or not.
- Under the UAC prompt window, click on the Yes option.
- Afterwards, type SFC/Scannow and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- With that effect, the system file checker will run and verify the integrity of the system files on your PC.
Once you are done with the above-listed, then perform the system reboot and try to perform the same activity again in which you encountered the error. If you are still encountering the error, then execute the next step.
Find Another Blog: Sage 50 File System Error Number 3006
Solution 2. Delete Temporary Files and Cache
If you have not deleted the temporary files and cache on your computer for a long time, then it can cause various compatibility issues with the system applications. Furthermore, it will also impact the performance of the PC. Therefore, you should keep deleting the temporary files and cache at regular intervals.
Here are the steps that you can follow to delete temporary files and cache from your workstation:
- The first step is to open the Windows run command on your PC by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Thereon, type %temp% in the search bar, and then click on the OK option.
- As the temporary file folder appears on the screen, select all the files together by pressing the Ctrl + A keys together.
- Moving ahead, press the Shift + Delete keys together on your keyboard. This will permanently delete all the temporary files from your PC.
Once you are done with the above steps, perform a system restart and check for the presence of Sage 50 error 0057 rel 2013.2.
Solution 3. Run Connection Manager Service
Last but not least solution that we advise you to follow to deal with the Sage error 0057 Rel 2013 2 is to run the connection manager service on your computer. This step will ensure your computer is properly connected with Sage 50 software. Additionally, it will also help in troubleshooting connectivity issues that might be leading to the error.
Given below are the desired steps that you can follow to run the connection manager service request on your workstation;
- First of all, navigate to the Windows Control Panel settings on your workstation.
- Thereon, choose the Administrative Tools option and then click on the Services option.
- After that, click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager option and verify whether the startup type column is set as disabled, automatic (delayed start) or automatic.
If it is set as disabled, then follow these steps:
- Click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and choose the Properties option.
- Next, click on the General tab option and switch the startup type mode to Automatic (Delayed Start) or Automatic.
- Moving ahead, click on the Apply option, and open the service by clicking on the Start option.
- After that, open the database.
If it is set as Automatic (Delayed Start) or Automatic, but the service status is set as Starting, then you have to apply the below steps:
- First of all, close the Sage 50 software on your device, and then open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Thereon, switch to the Processes tab and click on the Show Processes From All Users tab.
- Moving ahead, close all the pending processes related to the Sage 50 software.
- Following the above steps, navigate to the Services Window and then right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.
- Subsequently, choose the Start option and set the service status to either Started or Running.
- At last, once you are done with the above steps, try to open the Sage 50 software again and check whether the error has been troubleshooted or not.
As demonstrated above, in this blog, we have provided step-by-step instructions on how users can fix the Sage 50 error 0057 rel 2013.2. In addition to that, we have also provided extra tips that will help you prevent the error from occurring again in the future. In this scenario, if the above-mentioned solutions do not work for you or if you need any help related to any Sage 50 error, then we recommend you get in touch with the experts. They will thoroughly understand your concern and may provide you with step-by-step guidance that will surely help you get rid of the issue.