All businesses might be familiar with the 940 form-filling feature, which is used to report federal unemployment taxes. This is one of the most essential payroll processes used to manage the annual task. Sometimes, during possession, businesses encounter one common glitch: the Sage 50 940 Form Filing Error, which has to be fixed immediately.
This form-filling application, which is intended to simplify the annual tax return process for all businesses, sometimes displays a bug while filling out tax form 940. Rectifying this issue has become the most important thing for users, and in this article, we will unravel every part of the 940 form filing error in Sage 50. So, without further ado, let’s get into the information pull.
What is the Meaning of the Sage 50 940 Form Filing Error?
Every business owner who uses Sage 50 has to fill out the 940 form at once. In simple words, this is an annual tax form that the companies use to report their federal unemployment taxes. The form is only filled out by those businesses that do not pay the Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA).
Steps to Filing Federal Unemployment Taxes (FUTA)
- First, click on the Reports and Forms.
- Navigate to the form section and hit the Tax forms.
- Open the Reports & Forms tab and double-click on the Payroll tax form.
- Select the highlighted, latest 940 form.
- Hit on the Filing Period option, and in the drop-down section, click on the Current tab.
- Thereon, enter your business’s NAME and address.
- Then, fill out your Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Input your employee data, including the number of personnel on staff at the end of the fiscal year.
- Fill in the amount you pay them; additionally, you will also have to provide information about the unemployed workers who claim benefits from your state unemployment insurance program.
- Lastly, save the form by clicking on the OK tab.
The Reason Behind the 940 Form in Sage 50
The Sage 50 application can be triggered for a variety of reasons. 940 form in Sage 50 is a typical issue, but the causes may differ according to the version of software the user is using. Understanding the rationale, we believe, is becoming rather valuable for users in selecting the ideal options for them. Based on our research, we’ve compiled a list of common causes of the error during e-filling 940 tax from Sage 50.
- The major reason for its emergence is the missing or damaged.dll file.
- The Sage 50 application is not compatible with the operating system you installed.
- Another reason would be an issue with the ByteFence software that is installed in your system.
- The system blocks access to the Tax Form Update when the third-party program is installed.
How to Fix Error Sage 50 940 Tax Form Filing
Read this section carefully and follow the same to get the most effective results from any troubleshooters. However, before implementing the solutions, make sure you have turned your anti-virus off while performing the solutions listed below.
Solution 1: Permit the Automatic Update Option
Our initial step in resolving the error Sage 50 940 tax form filing is to enable the automatic update feature. So that whenever your operating system requires an update, it will automatically update your application, allowing you to keep your application free of bugs.
- Firstly, you have to close the Sage application.
- And open the Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to your preferred websites and download the payroll updates option.
- Now, click on the Run tab, and here, the installation of the updates will continue.
- Then, open the Company File and hit the preferred Payroll Tax form.
- On your screen, click on the Forms Update window.
- Choose the Automatic Update tab and follow the instructions carefully.
- Lastly, cross-check the persistence of the Sage 940 error.
Reach Out To Another Blog : Sage 50 Email Mapi Error
Solution 2: Check the Compatibility of SAGE 50 Windows
The next option is to examine the Sage 50 application’s compatibility with your operating system. The majority of the time, the user encounters a Sage 50 error code 940 because their operating system is unable to fully communicate with the Sage application. To begin the operation, please read the following pointers carefully:
- To start, click on Sage Software.
- Select the Properties tab.
- Then, hit on the Compatibility option.
- Select the Apply option, and you will be able to check the compatibility of your operating system here.
Solution 3: Implement the AATRIXFORMS through the Administrator Mode
If the above procedure fails to resolve the problem, do not panic and go to the next method. Executing the AATRIXFORMS in Admin mode allows users to remove the 940 error Sage 50 from its roots.
- The first step is to click on the Program files (x86).
- Now, hit the Common Files option and select the Preach tab.
- Instead of this, you can also click on Program Files and navigate to the Common Files option.
- Here, choose the Peach option and hit on the Form Viewer tab.
- Then, right-click on the File name AATRIXFORMS.exe option.
- Select the Compatibility option and hit the option stated as Rus as Administrator.
- Lastly, open the Tax form to check the status of the Sage 940 error.
Solution 4: Cut the ByteFence Program
Listed below are the steps followed by those users who are operating Windows 10:
- Click on the Taskbar and move your cursor to the Search box.
- Now, type Control Panel and hit on the results option.
- Select the Programs tab and click on the Programs & Features section.
- Then, navigate to the ByteFence Program.
- Press & hold on to this program and hit the Uninstall or Change button.
- To display the program, follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
- And lastly, open the form and check the status of the error during e-filling 940 tax from Sage 50.
Solution 5: Minimizes the Tax Form after launching it
When you are not able to open the form on the taskbar, then follow the steps stated below:
- First, navigate to the Processes option and close Aatrixforms.exe.
- Then, hit on the end process and confirm it.
- Move your Taskbar to a second Sage option and open it.
- At last, close it and check if the Sage 50 940 error still persists or not.
We sincerely hope that our guide will assist you in resolving the Sage 50 940 form filing error. Our comprehensive explanations and aforementioned causes serve to enhance your understanding and permanently resolve the issue at hand. If you are still encountering issues or would like personalized advice on how to maintain your Sage 50 application running smoothly, contact our Sage 50 Support Team Number immediately to receive simple and prompt tips from experts.