Sage 50, a widely used accounting software, has been proven to be the go-to solution for businesses of all sizes. However, despite being the leading accounting software, facing unwanted errors and glitches with the software is very common for its users. One of the most common and frustrating errors is Sage 50 error 3112. This error code indicates a disruption in the connection between the Sage 50 software and its database.
The importance of having a significant connection with the database cannot be underestimated, as it is important to ensure the smooth functioning of the software. When the Sage 50 file system error number 3112 appears, you may face issues accessing or managing your company’s financial data. There are various factors that contribute to the occurrence of Sage 50 error code 3112, such as network issues, database corruption, etc.
Now, when it comes to resolving the Sage file system error 3112, it is recommended to take a proactive approach and run the troubleshooting steps. The following decision will discuss the possible causes and solutions to fix the error, allowing the users to get rid of the error easily and in less time.
What is Sage 50 Error 3112?
Sage 50 error 3112 is a file system error that typically arises when the software fails to establish a network connection with the database server. This error will disallow the user to access or open the Sage 50 company file and may even result in data loss.
In most cases, this error can also arise due to a damaged company file. With the help of a systematic troubleshooting approach, this error can be resolved by executing the solutions and regaining access to the company file. Before directly jumping to the troubleshooting steps, it’s important to address the possible causes of the error.
Read Latest Blog – Sage 50 File System Error Number 11
Possible Causes Behind Sage 50 File System Error 3112
Well, there can be multiple reasons why you may encounter the Sage 50 error 3112, and understanding the reasons is crucial for ensuring an effective resolution. Here is a list of the common factors and reasons that contribute to the occurrence of error 3112 Sage 50:
- Unstable or poor internet connection.
- Active firewall settings.
- Outdated Windows version or the Sage 50 software.
- If the data path used in the Sage 50 software is damaged or corrupted, then it can also lead to the occurrence of Sage Error 3112.
- There are insufficient permissions to access the database server.
How to Fix Sage 50 Error 3112?
Fixing error 3112 in Sage 50 requires identifying and addressing the specific factors or reasons that may be causing the error. For instance, if you understand that the error is arising on your PC due to network issues, then you should troubleshoot the connection issue or switch to a more reliable and fast internet connection.
In case you are still not aware of the specific cause of why you may be facing the Sage file system error 3112, then you should follow the troubleshooting solutions that are described below:
Solution 1. Repair Sage 50 Database Services
The first solution we recommend you follow to deal with the Sage 50 file system error code 3112 is to repair the database services. If these services are damaged, then it will affect the functionality of the software and may result in Sage 50 error 3112.
Below are the actions that you can execute to repair the Sage 50 database services on your workstation:
- First of all, login to your PC with admin rights.
- Thereon, navigate to the Control Panel settings on your PC and then switch to the Services panel.
- Scroll down in the services section and then search there for the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.
- Thereon, right-click on it and choose the Stop option. This will temporarily stop the services on your PC.
- Moving ahead, open File Explorer on your PC and then navigate to the location where your company data file is saved.
- Now, before you commence with the repair process, make sure to create a backup of the company file. This will keep the company file safe and secure from any unforeseen happenings.
- As you open the Sage 50 company file folder, search there for the dbrepair.exe file and double-click on it.
- Subsequently, the repair tool will ask you to choose the company file that you want to repair.
- Thereon, choose the relevant database from the list and initiate the repair process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, the utility tool will analyze and resolve all the issues with the database.
Once you are done with the above-listed steps, then make sure to restart the database connection manager by navigating to the services section on your control panel.
Read Also – Sage 50 Not Responding Error
Solution 2. Download New Windows Update
Another solution we recommend you follow to deal with the Sage 50 error 3112 is to update your PC’s Windows operating system to the latest version. The updated Windows version will ensure that your system has the necessary batches and bugs to help resolve compatibility issues with the Sage 50 software.
Here are the actions that you can follow to download the new Windows update on your PC:
- First of all, close all the active applications on your PC, and then navigate to the Windows Search Menu.
- Thereon, type Windows Update in the search bar and then wait for a few seconds until the search results appear.
- From the search result, click on the Windows Update option. This option will appear at the top of the results.
- With that effect, the Windows Update Settings page will appear on your screen.
- Moving ahead in the procedure, click on the Check for Updates option.
- In case new Windows updates are available, then you have to click on the Download option.
- This will commence the downloading process for the new Windows update on your PC.
- Once the downloading process ends, perform a system restart. This will automatically install a new Windows update on your PC.
By performing the above-listed steps, you have successfully updated your PC’s Windows to the latest version. Thereon, verify whether the Sage 50 error 3112 has been eliminated or not.
Solution 3. Verify Windows Firewall Settings
In some cases, the Windows firewall settings can block the communication between the Sage 50 and the server and may lead to the Sage 50 error number 3112. Therefore, verifying and cross-checking the Windows firewall settings is crucial for troubleshooting the error.
Here are the steps that you can follow step-by-step to verify the Windows firewall settings on your PC:
- First of all, go to the Windows search menu on your workstation.
- Thereon, type Windows Firewall in the search bar and then hit the Enter key.
- Click on the Windows Defender Firewall and choose the Inbound Rules.
- After that, click on the New Rule option, which is available on the right panel of the screen.
- Moving ahead, choose the Port option and click on the Next option.
- Subsequently, select TCP and provide the specific port numbers used by Sage 50, i.e., 3351 and 1583.
- Subsequently, provide a relevant rule name, and then click on the Finish option.
After performing all the above solutions, launch the Sage 50 software on your workstation and then try to perform the same task in which you earlier encountered the Sage 50 error 3112. At this stage, the error must be resolved, and you will be able to use the software smoothly and efficiently.
In this guide, we have covered the detailed steps and solutions that you can follow step-by-step to resolve Sage 50 error 3112. By following the steps in the right manner, you must be able to fix it. However, if you are still facing the error or if you need any further assistance with any feature or errors with the Sage 50 software, then we advise you to get in touch with the Sage 50 support team. Trained technicians are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with further guidance in resolving issues you may encounter.